Membership entitles you to have your say in how we are run. You can nominate and elect Board Members, stand as a Board member yourself, and vote at our General Meetings.
Our mission is simple
We aim to inspire more people to volunteer so they can enhance their lives, the lives of others and build resilient communities.
- Everyone has the right to offer their time to volunteer.
- Every volunteer has the right to have a great volunteering experience.
- Volunteering is always a matter of free choice.
- Volunteers must never be a direct replacement for paid workers.
- True volunteering is for the benefit of the social community, the individual and Volunteer Involving Organisations.
- We believe that involving volunteers enhances organisations.
Our strategic outcomes
- We inspire and enable people to volunteer.
- We ensure that every Volunteer Involving Organisation is able to offer an excellent volunteering experience.
- Using our expert knowledge, we inform, educate and inspire our leaders on the benefits of volunteering for Edinburgh and its citizens.
- We inspire the development of volunteering opportunities which bring benefit to the community and enhance social capital.
- As an agency we are effective, well governed and managed and a great place to work or volunteer.
New applications and renewals
Membership costs £30.00 for organisations for one year. If you are an individual volunteer, membership is free. Membership is open to:
- Any Voluntary Organisation that involves volunteers in Edinburgh and shares the aims and values of Volunteer Edinburgh.
- Any Individual who shares our aims and values and who is a current volunteer with Volunteer Edinburgh or volunteers with an agency that is registered on Volunteer Edinburgh Database
Each new application for membership must be submitted to the Board of Directors for formal acceptance. This happens every two months at Board meetings.
We will contact you by email unless you tell us otherwise. You can cease to be a Member of Volunteer Edinburgh at any time by emailing email@example.com, or by writing to us at Membership, Volunteer Edinburgh, 222 Leith Walk, Edinburgh, EH6 5EQ.
Membership categories and pricing
This is for qualifying organisations that are incorporated bodies. The individual who completes the membership form at checkout, or a nominated proxy, is entitled to one vote at any general meeting of the company.
|Individual Representative Members
This is for qualifying organisations that are not incorporated bodies. This might include projects or branches of Organisation Members. The individual who completes the membership form at checkout, or a nominated proxy, is entitled to one vote at any general meeting of the company.
|Individual Volunteer Members
This is for individual volunteers. Please indicate on the membership form during checkout which organisation you volunteer for. The individual member is entitled to a vote at any general meeting of the company.