Our mission is simple
Our mission is to inspire more people to volunteer so they can enhance their lives, the lives of others and build resilient communities.
- Everyone has the right to offer their time to volunteer;
- Every volunteer has the right to have a great volunteering experience;
- Volunteering is always a matter of free choice;
- Volunteers must never be a direct replacement for paid workers;
- True volunteering is for the benefit of the social community, the individual and Volunteer Involving Organisations; and
- We believe that involving volunteers enhances organisations.
Our strategic outcomes
- We inspire and enable people to volunteer;
- We ensure that every volunteer involving organisation is able to offer an excellent volunteering experience;
- Using our expert knowledge we inform, educate and inspire our leaders on the benefits of volunteering for Edinburgh and its citizens;
- We inspire the development of volunteering opportunities which bring benefit to the community and enhance social capital; and
- As an agency we are effective, well governed and managed and a great place to work or volunteer.