Our vision is for Edinburgh to be the premier city for volunteering in the UK. A city where the positive impact of volunteering is universally valued and respected, and where everyone, regardless of their background or situation has the opportunity to contribute as active citizens and volunteers.
Our purpose or mission is to build strong social connections, reduce inequalities and support vibrant communities through volunteers and volunteering activities.
Our priorities or what we do:
- Volunteer brokerage – recruitment and placement.
- We help people volunteer for personal development.
- We help people stay connected and participate.
- We help build stronger communities and challenge inequalities.
- We support organisations to offer a quality volunteering experience.
- We respond to need and support the city’s resilience.
- We influence and inform public policy on volunteering.
- We innovate and develop new models of volunteer engagement.
- We celebrate the contribution and impact of volunteers in Edinburgh
Our guiding principles
Our values or what we believe:
- in freedom of choice and that volunteering is always an act of free will.
- that purposeful, meaningful activity is transformative for individuals.
- that everyone should have an opportunity to make a positive difference.
- that volunteering is about quality relationships.
- that volunteering is a broad spectrum, from active citizenship and community participation to regular, formal volunteering.
- That must strive to be well-governed and a great place to work or volunteer.
Our outcomes or the difference we aspire to make:
- More people in Edinburgh volunteer and/or are involved in their community.
- The diverse communities of Edinburgh are reflected in volunteering.
- Good quality volunteering experiences are provided by organisations.
- Volunteering and active citizenship in all its forms is supported and encouraged by local and national policy.