• Promote Women and Children’s Swimming session on Welcoming Whatsapp group each week
• Meet and greet women and children at the swimming pool and record attendance.
• Provide support to women before and after the swim by assisting with supervision of children
• Join the women and children in the water
• Offer an opportunity for women to practice English
• Gather feedback from group when requested
• Sign post the participants to other women and children only groups.
About The Welcoming Association
The Welcoming is an independent charity that supports migrants and refugees to build new lives in Edinburgh. It provides a wide range of classes and activities on a free of charge, drop in basis. The aim is to help newcomers feel at home and achieve their potential in Scotland.
• Passionate about sport and fitness- particularly swimming. • An interest in supporting others and good communication skills • Patient, reliable and flexible. • Respect and interest in different cultures • Commitment to the vision and the values of The Welcoming
You will be asked to attend an informal induction session which will include an introduction to The Welcoming and your role within it as well as role specific training and discussions.
Flexibility & Commitment
School Holidays;Term Time;Flexible
2 x 2 hours sessions per month
The swimming takes place in The Royal High School's swimming pool.
You will need to kep hold of your receipts. You will be send an expenses claim form which you can fill out in person or by email.
- Happy to have a conversation about volunteer’s needs