Challenge Workshop: COSMIC
- When? 19th March 2019, 10:00 to 12:00
- Where? Volunteer Edinburgh
- What does it cost? The event is free.
COSMIC is a two-hour workshop that aims to give a better understanding of what self-management is all about, how to make it work well and how to promote it. This course has proved popular with people living with long term conditions, with carers and also with health and social care staff. It underpins the Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland No Life Half Lived strategy.
• Understand how complex health language and jargon can get in the way of effective self-management
• Explore the road to self-management identifying who or what helps you to stay well and live well
• Discuss how the conversation between service users and health and social care staff can be changed towards “what matters to you?”
If you would like to attend please email email@example.com. Refreshments will be provided.