What is it?
The Local Opportunities for Older People (LOOPs) Phoneline provides information, support and sign-posting to anyone in Edinburgh who is aged 65 or over.
We can help you find things to do in your local area or find out about services and support available to you. The Phoneline is open Monday to Friday from 10.00am until 4.00pm and as well as helping individuals 65 or over we can also help professionals working with clients, or family and friends supporting people in this age group.
Staffed by friendly, encouraging, and highly trained volunteers the Phoneline provides a highly personalised service. We take time to discuss your situation with you and consider any needs or aspirations you may have. Using our wealth of experience and knowledge we research what is available and we even make calls on your behalf before providing you with all information.
As well as calling the Phoneline on 0131 603 8311 you can also email us at email@example.com.
What to expect
Our volunteer Phoneline advisors will:
- Chat with you to find out what you are interested in or what support or help you are looking for;
- Offer a variety of options and provide information on activities for older people;
- Promptly follow up with people who have contacted the phone line;
- Provide you with a fully personal service;
- Promote events to encourage people to remain healthy.
If you would like more information on this phone line project please visit the project website and social media pages by clicking on the button and icons opposite (or below on a mobile device).