EVOLVE: Supporting People to Tackle Stress
In our hectic, ever-changing world, more and more managers of volunteers are using stress reduction techniques and are sharing these techniques with the volunteers they support. For example simple breathing techniques can improve your health. There is overwhelming evidence that learning simple techniques you can do anywhere helps you be calmer and more effective in your working life. This session will focus on practical ways to tackle different kinds of stress and how to pass these techniques on.
By the end of this session you will have:
- increased awareness and knowledge of what stress is
- gained skills and knowledge about ways of tackling stress
- hints and tips about how to apply these techniques in your workplace and with the volunteers you support.
- a number of free DVDs and/or handbooks to take away
The facilitator, Jean Cuthbert, is a qualified hatha yoga teacher who has more 20 years’ experience of managing volunteers (in a wide variety of settings) and a particular interest, and additional qualifications, in stress management.
NOTE: we will focus on knowledge and skills of stress reduction and on breathing – this session will not include any yoga postures!
Number limited to 12 participants. Early booking advised.
Evolve is our dynamic forum for Volunteer Managers to help with Continuing Professional Development. Evolve brings together volunteer managers with lots of different experience to learn, share experiences, and network.
Each Evolve has a different thematic focus, concentrating on your professional development. Evolve is also an opportunity to give and receive peer support. It is an invaluable tool for everyone with responsibility for recruiting, managing or supporting volunteers (whether paid or as a volunteer, whether in frontline service delivery or serving on a management board or committee) and everyone will be made very welcome.
It's completely free but we do ask people to book so check out details of our next session and please come along.
There will be a presentation and time for questions and discussion. Please come ready with your questions and comments on this and any other current volunteering management issue you want to get informal peer support with. (Tea, coffee and biscuits provided.)
Who is the event for? Volunteer Managers
When? Date: 20 June 2016, Time: 2pm - 3.30pm
Where? Volunteer Centre Edinburgh, 222 Leith Walk, Edinburgh EH6 5EQ
Enquiries Please contact Jean on 0131 561 8334 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the below form to book your place at this event
- You will be invoiced for your booking. Please do not send payment now.
- Bookings are subject to confirmation by the Volunteer Centre.
- All bookings are non-refundable.
- We generally limit places to two bookings per organisation per course.
- If you need to book more than one place on the course, please submit another form for that person.
- Scott Williams – 20 June 2016
Case Study – Interview with Jess Wade, RNIB - Investing in Volunteers (IiV)