Core Skills in Volunteer Management: Unit One - Involving Volunteers, Essential Best Practice
Using volunteers within your organisation not only means you can achieve more but involving volunteers brings a unique added value to any organisation. Good volunteer involvement pays huge dividends but it needs a good solid foundation to make it work well. If you want to make sure your practice is as good as it can be, this course is for you.
During this course you will explore the benefits of working with volunteers, how to manage volunteers with different motivations, the importance of having formal structures including how to develop a volunteer policy, creating volunteer agreements and task descriptions and the basic requirements to keep you and your volunteers safe.
Developed by volunteer managers for volunteers managers these courses explore the theories and put them into practice. Our courses are interactive, challenging and entertaining. There is lots to learn and lots of experience to share.
Who is the event for? Volunteer Organisers/Managers
When? Date: 14 September 2016, Time: 10am - 3pm
Where? Volunteer Edinburgh, 222 Leith Walk, Edinburgh, EH6 5EQ
Cost? £70 per person including lunch
Enquiries Please contact Jean on 0131 225 0630 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the below form to book your place at this event
- You will be invoiced for your booking. Please do not send payment now.
- Bookings are subject to confirmation by the Volunteer Centre.
- All bookings are non-refundable.
- We generally limit places to two bookings per organisation per course.
- If you need to book more than one place on the course, please submit another form for that person.
- Stephen Faithfull – 14 September 2016
Case Study - Interview with Annie Lawson from DARF and CAP about CSVM