What we do
Our Mission is Simple:
Our mission is to inspire more people to volunteer so they can enhance their lives, the lives of others and build resilient communities.
- Everyone has the right to offer their time to volunteer.
- Every volunteer has the right to have a great volunteering experience.
- Volunteering is always a matter of free choice.
- Volunteers must never be a direct replacement for paid workers.
- True volunteering is for the benefit of the social community, the individual and Volunteer Involving Organisations.
- We believe that involving volunteers enhances organisations.
Our Strategic Outcomes (What We Aim to Do to Meet Our Mission)
- We inspire and enable people to volunteer.
- We ensure that every volunteer involving organisation is able to offer an excellent volunteering experience.
- Using our expert knowledge we inform, educate and inspire our leaders on the benefits of volunteering for Edinburgh and its citizens.
- We inspire the development of volunteering opportunities which bring benefit to the community and enhance social capital.
- As an agency we are effective, well governed and managed and a great place to work or volunteer.
Volunteer Centre Edinburgh is a Company Limited by Guarantee and is Registered in Scotland No. SC202631 and a Registered Scottish Charity SCO29681.
Our Quality Standards:
Investors in Volunteers
We are currently Investors in Volunteers accredited.
European Framework for Quality Management
We are currently EFQM members.
- Craig Turner – 18 November 2014