What we do
Our mission is simple:
Our mission is to inspire more people to volunteer so they can enhance their lives, the lives of others and build resiliant communities.
- Everyone has the right to offer their time to volunteer.
- Every volunteer has the right to have a great volunteering experience.
- Volunteering is always a matter of free choice.
- Volunteers must never be a direct replacement for paid workers.
- True volunteering is for the benefit of the social community, the individual and Volunteer Involving Organisations.
- We believe that involving volunteers enhances organisations.
Our Strategic Outcomes (or...what we aim to do to meet our mission)
- We inspire and enable people to volunteer.
- We ensure that every volunteer involving organisation is able to offer an excellent volunteering experience.
- Using our expert knowledge we inform, educate and inspire our leaders on the benefits of volunteering for Edinburgh and its citizens.
- We inspire the development of volunteering opportunites which bring benefit to the community and enhance social capital.
- As an agency we are effective, well goverened and managed and a great place to work or volunteer.
Volunteer Centre Edinburgh is a Company Limited by Guarantee and is Registered in Scotland No. SC202631 and a Registered Scottish Charity SCO29681.
- Craig Turner – 17 April 2013